CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Error trying to start Quicken 2017

Program Error
The program qw.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check www.codeweavers.com/compatibility for tips about running this program.

I'm running Quicken 2017 Premier using crossover_17.0.0beta3-1.deb and has been up to today. I am not aware of any updates to Quicken.

I am experiencing exactly the same error when trying to open Quicken 2017. I've tried reinstalling, etc. but nothing resolves the issue. I last launched Quicken successfully last night (11Oct.)

I entered a new issue with Codeweavers.

Same Quicken 2017 error message/issue as others - running OSX High Sierra and Crossover Version 17.0b3 (17.0.0beta3.31006). Please help with a fix.

I also get an error upon attempting to start Quicken 2017. I was able to fix the previous error by installing the Codeweavers newest beta version of crossover. I was able to open Quicken once today, and Quicken installed updates. After that I was attempting to add a new account, got into a situation where I couldn't get the right screen to take the focus, and had to restart Ubuntu. Upon restarting I get the fatal error when attempting to open Quicken 2017 and am now dead in the water. Codeweavers support, please help!

I was able to get it resolved by installing their latest beta "crossover_17.0.0beta5-1". It has worked fine since then and this was a couple days ago. These changes are going to be in the next release of Crossover in Oct or Nov.

Having Quicken issues too. How is the latest beta version obtained?

Send an email to Crossover Support via the Support link and one of the nice people there will help you with a link and authorization code

ALAN

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUk45RnZDV0JHcXJjQTJuQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9