CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DirectX for modern games error

Hi, I installed steam with recommended settings, which is a windows xp 32bit bottle. Wanted to install DirectX into that bottle to run Star Wars Empire at War, which works out of the box for some people. I install DirectX for modern games with recommended settings but it gives me the error: "An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

Any idea what might be causing this?

System:
Host: Blade Stealth 3.06
Kernel: 4.14.7-1-ARCH
Shell: bash 4.4.12
Resolution: 3200x1800
DE: KDE
WM: KWin
CPU: Intel i7-7500U (4) @ 3.500GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
Memory: 3910MiB / 15942MiB
Crossover 17

Have you tried to install the game without installing "DirectX for Modern Games" before? Maybe this last one installs an inappropriate version of DirectX for this game... Usually the game installer should install DirectX itself.

I mistyped, actually had the problem with divinity: original sin 2, the installer would not finish and give me an runtime error and global vars error. It would finish though, but the game would not start. I thought this was a directx problem, because I could never install it. Do you have any debugging tips?

Fritz wrote:

I mistyped, actually had the problem with divinity: original sin 2,
the installer would not finish and give me an runtime error and
global vars error. It would finish though, but the game would not
start. I thought this was a directx problem, because I could never
install it. Do you have any debugging tips?

So, let me understand:

1) The game you want to run is NOT Star Wars Empire at War, you want to run Divinity: Original Sin 2, right?
2) Is the error with D:OS2 related with DirectX?

In OpenSuse 42.3 using a 32-bit XP bottle it is necessary to add mscoree to the Existing Libraries in Wine Configuration before installing DirectX For Modern Games.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVUZQV3h2NWR5TEpSVTViWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9