CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Direct X 11?

I bought BeamNG.drive, a softbody physics game for windows and tried to run it using crossover installing Direct X for modern games to run it. Go through with installing it, it said i have to have direct x 11 or greater in order to run it. Will direct x 11 ever be added? If you have any guides on how to run BeamNG.drive any othe way please comment below. Thx.

So... Have you tried to install your game without "DirectX for Modern Games"? I examined its page and there was no indication of what version is installed. Usually, the game installer will install DirectX as needed. The problem is DirectX 11 implementation in Crossover is still a work in progress (as is for Wine itself). I have a hint, though, you must choose a bottle with at least Windows 7 emulation, because there is no support for DirectX 11 in Windows XP and older versions of Windows. I never had to install DirectX manually and got some games running with Crossover.

Wine 3.0 claims to have Direct X 11 support enabled by default it was released on Jan 18.

The current Crossover is based on Wine 2.8, presumably they're currently working on a new version based on the recently released Wine 3.0. If you can't wait you could try installing Wine 3.0 directly and see if your game will work.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieTdjVExHV0JGWFpOQ0ZYeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9