CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Delete Icon from "Programs" window in Crossover app <solved>

I would like to know if it is possible to remove unused icons from the Crossover window?

As you know, some windows games add a bunch of now useless things like, register here, web site, etc.
These seem to stay when the program is uninstalled. I do use a "generic" bottle to try things out that is pre set for me, and for some small games this system works well.

I have a picture, but not hosted on the Internet anywhere, I hope I have been clear enough.

Hi Jeff,

Are you asking to hide windows application icons even though they're installed? That can be done easily using the Edit Menus icon when you select the bottle that the application is installed into. Uncheck the checkbox on the left (in the 'show' column) to hide the icons. See below

That actually does what I want. I had forgotten this and realized I had done this before with one of my XP bottles.

Thank you,
BTW, any way to clear out that list besides redoing the bottle. I made a "back up" of the base with nothing installed for my basic gaming bottles, so I could just restore those if the list length started to bother me.

I'm not sure about clearing out the list - obviously if you kill the bottle and then do a custom install to only install the components you need, that would work.

Alternatively and I haven't tried this, but some windows applications will allow you to add or remove components from the installation by using the application's setup exe - That would probably work - nominate the current bottle, run an the setup.exe again - hopefully the setup will realise that you already have some components installed and prompt you to remove or modify the installation.

ik wil linux nu zien op mijn computer

After a program is "uninstalled" or by running setup again, which some do, the Icons remain in Crossover. I can't remember if they are deleted from the actual desktop, because it really does not matter, as those are easily removed.

luc poublon wrote:

ik wil linux nu zien op mijn computer

Sorry, I don't know what you are saying here.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlVKSDlKa2NXYlR3YmJrUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9