CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Battle.net + CrossOver + Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

I installed Battle.net with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using CrossOver, downloaded StarCraft Remastered and Starcraft II using the Battle.Net application, but when I press "play" to start any of the games, they won't start.

I did tests using Wine , downloaded some fonts, ubuntu restricted extras, etc...., then installed Battle.Net using Wine (not CrossOver), and it runs (I even get the news feed of the games...no news feed when installed it with CrossOver).

Wish I could run it using CrossOver because of the simplicity of install some applications / games, so If someone could help me with that I'll be happy to hear how yo do this.

Thanks!

You can install Starcraft II in Crossover by using the Starcraft II Crosstie instead of the Battle.net one.

Starcraft Remastered won't run in Crossover currently though. I believe it needs some patches that are in Wine that aren't in Crossover yet, but will be included in the next major version of Crossover.

Thanks!! Didn't now there was a StarCraft II CrossOver installer besides the Battle. Net installer. I'll give it a try right now.

Hope we can run StarCraft Remastered in the future. I already paid for that amazing game!!! But my Windows Laptop just died (only used it for StarCraft haha).

Ran StarCraft Remastered + StarCraft II using Wine + Battle.net with Ubuntu 18.04, so far I've no problem with both games. Run better with Ubuntu 17.10 though.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXRxQUttUFpxSkpNaEt5VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9