CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Going to sleep and waking up leads to "Unlicensed" error in office 365

I have been encountering an issue with Office 365 (word specifically) when I put the PC to sleep and wake it up I get the product is "unlicensed error" which also means I loose any work I have done as I can't save. Closing out and reopening the document fixes the unlicensed issue, so its not a permanent problem. Seems like office is calling back into to MS to check if its valid, but fails to activate? (this is also occurs 1-2 min after wake up).
This is on office version 1808 (10730.20102)

Anyone have suggesting on solving this issue. It seems for now only recourse is to save, close out before sleep, and then re open the document when waking up.

So I do not believe anymore this is related to wake up and sleep. The issue appears to occur when OSPPSVC.exe crashes (or shortly there after? Or some other issue, but effectively once something related to MS licence protection crashes word will work for a short period of time and then show the unlicensed error. Restarting the machine seems to fix the issue, but would love to know how one could completely reset cross-over with out reboot or logging out? ( Performing reboot simulation in cross-over seems to do nothing as well?)

I further notice this issue to appear primarily when I put my PC under heavy load (so if I only use low load applications ( chrome, word, etc) it does not happen, but the moment I start to run something heavy (PyTorch for example) a crash occurs?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicll5eDZWOTYycnlMclVTUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9