CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 20.0.2 VTE issue

I'm trying to have CrossOver install a game and when it gets to the point where it wants to install dependencies and should spawn a terminal it just hangs. From what I can tell it's an issue with VTE 0.62. I'm running PopOS 20.10

Here's the message I get when it hangs.

(crossover:4848): VTE-CRITICAL *: 09:42:05.221: void vte_terminal_spawn_with_fds_async(VteTerminal, VtePtyFlags, const char, const char const, const char const, const int, int, const int, int, GSpawnFlags, GSpawnChildSetupFunc, gpointer, GDestroyNotify, int, GCancellable, VteTerminalSpawnAsyncCallback, gpointer): assertion 'callback' failed

It does appear to be an issue with VTE 62. I compiled version 60 and did the following which gave me the embedded terminal to install the missing dependencies. It did segfault but I was able to start CrossOver like normal after that and finish things.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH VTE_VERSION=6000 /opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover

I don't know what changed in VTE 62 but that's what came with PopOS 20.10.

The final error when it segfaulted from using the above.
/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxinstallerui.py:1842: Warning: g_value_get_int: assertion 'G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
self.xml.get_object("NewBottleNameEntry").set_text(self.installTask.newBottleName)
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:1649: Warning: g_object_ref: assertion '!object_already_finalized' failed
return _Gtk_main(*args, **kwargs)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi there,

This is a known issue, and we have a bug filed to track a fix. In the meantime, you can try following the instructions here to run ./cxfix --auto manually: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

Thanks,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY2J4R3V5QkpWcXpjNXllayIsImdkcHIiOjB9