CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover on Debian 10

Hey fellows,

I've got some problems running Crossover on Debian 10. After installing it with the deb-package or the installer script I can start cxoffice but when I try to install an application nothing happens.

I found out that cxdiag hangs, but I don't know why, even with CX_LOG or cxdiag --debug I don't get any informations. I thought that it depends on my graphic card, because I've got a Nvidia optimus. Is that the problem? How can I solve it?

Maybe someone can help me or give me a hint, where I can look.

Kind regards, pierre

Hi Pierre,

What exactly is going wrong with installing an application? Is clicking "Install a Windows Application" just doing nothing, or is the problem happening after that? Are you seeing any error messages?

Thanks,
Meredith

Hi,

nothing happens when I click on "install a windows application". CrossOver hangs. No output from console what is going wrong. The process "cxdiag" seems doing nothing, it doesn't finish but isn't a zombie process.

Cheers
pierre

Hi there,

Thanks for the additional info. Can you post the output of System Information (found in CrossOver's Help menu)? We might be able to determine if it an issue with a missing library or graphics card issue based on that.

Thanks,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

crossover hangs doing it. So I started crossover with CX_LOG=~/newlog.log /opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover. Here is the output:

reading '/opt/cxoffice/etc/cxoffice.conf' took 0.0013s
reading '/home/pierre/.cxoffice/cxoffice.conf' took 0.0000s
running cxdiag* with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/cxoffice/lib
parsing '/home/pierre/.cxoffice/cxfixes.xml' took 0.048s
parsing '/opt/cxoffice/share/crossover/data/cxfixes.xml' took 0.035s
using the builtin fixes information (release 20201111)
locale path '/opt/cxoffice/share/locale'
found a match for cxproduct cx20 (10)
Running: 'sudo' '-n' '/bin/true'
'sudo' -> rc=1  (took 0.015 seconds)
Unable to locate license /opt/cxoffice/etc/license.txt and/or signature /opt/cxoffice/etc/license.sig.

Running: '/' 'o' 'p' 't' '/' 'c' 'x' 'o' 'f' 'f' 'i' 'c' 'e' '/' 'b' 'i' 'n' '/' 'c' 'x' 'd' 'i' 'a' 'g'

Kind regards

pierre

Hi again,

Hmm, if you can't even open System Information, that indicates that CrossOver might not have installed properly. It'd be worth uninstalling CrossOver then reinstalling again.

For instructions on uninstalling, please see here: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/uninstall

Best,
Meredith

Even uninstalling, removing and purging the deb-package doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I install it via package or installer.

Could you see if you have more luck with the .bin installer? You might need to run ./cxfix --auto after using that installer - see here for more guidance: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmNacGhlTXg5aExHWlZNQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9