CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can I relocate programs from one bottle into another bottle?

Beyond installing that software and starting from scratch into the bottle I want them in, can I sort of drag-and-drop into that bottle? Thanks.

Hi there,

There is no "drag-and-drop" option for moving programs from one bottle to another. If you have an especially large program you don't want to have to reinstall, you can experiment with locating the files within your bottles (which should be located in ~/.cxoffice) and copying them from one to another, but I can't guarantee that will work. The safest option is always reinstalling.

Best,
Meredith

I wouldn’t recommend even trying this as Windows software usually installs registry’s keys that won’t copy over, there’s very few “portable” applications that allow easily moving from one system to another.

Maybe I am misreading something, but what is the root cause or intent? Is their something wrong with the bottle it's in? You could always duplicate the bottle. What is the app? more info please!

I have moved Adobe Dreamweaver from windows to crossover and made a launcher for it a few years ago, best i can remember on this was you need to see how your folders are and where there at and put them back as they where. Create a launcher for it in crossover now you need the export your old registry entries and then import them back to your new bottle but i'm thinking there's more to it then just this I think i got the idea off wine website but it's been a while and i can't remember just how i put all together. Sorry but google may be able to help now that you know it's been done before.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYU1ONFNycVlwcVJTVWZTZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9