CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 365 on Fedora 33

I cannot install Office 365 on Fedora 33. I have tried a number of times. Using the OfficeSetup.exe file the process installs the fonts and then installs the MSXML6 parser. At this point I click the Finish button for the MSXML installer and I get an unidentified program error, the start of which is:

Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x7d62f9e9).
Register dump:
 CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
 EIP:7d62f9e9 ESP:015fd1b0 EBP:00000000 EFLAGS:00010206(  R- --  I   - -P- )
 EAX:00000000 EBX:7d73c430 ECX:7b800480 EDX:00000002
 ESI:7dc1a060 EDI:7dc1a060

CX then tells me the installation completed - which it obviously has not.

I have also tried install using the Office Deployment tool (officedeploymenttool_13628-20476.exe). This is slightly more successful in that I do not get an error when the MSXML install completes. The Office Click-to-Run administration tool opens and I accept the licence terms. I am prompted for a folder to install extracted files in (My Documents/install). The files are extracted successfully. CX immediately tells me the installation is complete - which, again, it obviously is not.

I have run /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto which says:

./cxfix --auto
Distribution: Fedora 64-bit (fedora)
Product: cx20
There is no issue to fix

Any clues out there as to how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Ahh - possibly a 32 bit error? No 32 bit libs on Fedora?

Looking at that now.

No. 32bit libs would appear to be installed.

Solved

Helps if one reads the Fedora FAQ. Installed the required RPMFusion-Free, re-installed Crossover, and created the required symlinks and all is good.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzdaejNac1dCdlY4VnRVOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9