CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

office 2010 and .lnk files

Office 2010 seems to be working great with crossover 11.2
my only problem is whenever I save a .docx file another two files with same name and added .lnk are created; if I am working on a document, and save it 3 times then I will end up with 6 .lnk files -
any idea how to fix that?

Had the same annoying problem and fixed it by making a "Recent" folder for the crossover user inside the bottle.
Have a look over here for some more info: http://www.codeweavers.fr/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=904741

And after, you need to set up an cron job to remove each day the thousands *.lnk files created in you Recent directory !!!

In order to solve the problem you have to create the following two folder in the office 2010 bottle:

./home/xxx/.cxoffice/Microsoft_Office_2010/drive_c/users/crossover/Recent
./home/xxx/.cxoffice/Microsoft_Office_2010/drive_c/users/Public/Recent

That's it!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN255VFFLeG5XYnhCUm5YcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9