CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Teamviewer 7 internet connection issues

I hasve recently installed Teamviewer using the tie script.
Eventually the tie is made for Teamviewer 7 and the most recent version is Teamviewer 8 so it fails the installation
I tried to download the TV7 directly from the web, and install it using the same tie script. It installs correctly but when I load the software it doesn't connect to the internet.
Anyone know any issues regarding this problem?
BTW, I want to install the windows version instead of "wine adapted for linux" because it brings some interesting functionallity for me like the icon in the systray.

My "off the top of my head" guess would be to install the Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7 package into the same bottle as Teamviewer. You'll find this package in the "community supported applications" section of the install software menu. TV7 might be looking for connectivity libraries that the Rendering Engine provides, but aren't present in Crossover by default.

are you able to use the native linux version of Teamviewer?

• it's a deb file, so are you using a debian based system, like ubuntu or mint ?.

""Native"" Teamviewer for Debian works fine

I've installed the Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7
http://www.zimagez.com/full/cdb0c91058517707329a618ec91320d470b3c2fbab790d4c559cec6c8ec77a892af4951fa224337632b10edf9fede81a43f5ac5f0d98e9100b5e698fb7816b2c.php

But still cannot connect with my Crossover Teamviewer 7 install despite I used the proper Crossover tie installer and the Teamviewer 7 Installer : http://www.teamviewer.com/download/version_7x/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

Cannot understand what is happens

I want to install Teamviewer 7 via Crossover instead of ""Native"" Debiian Installer since it creates several shortcuts and a systray special icon that the "Native" does not.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Now I think I know where is the problem

Teamviewer is trying to connect via eth1 (local net no internet) instead of eth0 (muy internet connection)

How can I change this behaviour?

This sounds like a problem with your Linux system. Which distribution are you using? Check to see that your bind utilities are installed. You may want to see if there are any bind updates or perhaps a bind update may have broken your network routing table. You can also try to disable the interface (eth1) to see if that corrects the routing issue.

Good luck!

Nathan Wolf wrote:

This sounds like a problem with your Linux system. Which
distribution are you using? Check to see that your bind utilities
are installed. You may want to see if there are any bind updates or
perhaps a bind update may have broken your network routing table.
You can also try to disable the interface (eth1) to see if that
corrects the routing issue.

It doesn't make sense. I have other Crossover running apps, working fine over the Internet. I've try to install and uninstall Teamviewer 7, finding always the same issue, so I feel there is some kind of incompatibility between Teamviewer and Crossover (or at least when using multiple network interfaces)

Maybe is just a Crossover config issue, or somewhere i can specify which interface to use for each Bottle

I can't seem to resolve this... I may place a ticket.

Teamviewer 7 "Native" is the best linux release. The conference option worked like a charm but since Teamviewer 8 audio doesn't work and now that teamviewer 9 has been released they still haven't been able to fix it or they just don't care. So Teamviewer 8 and 9 is useless for attending conferences with audio. ☹️

I hope they ask codeweavers for help. 😊

New TeamViewer Manager - Any Manager
http://home2dev.itot-embedded.eu/

1. Register
  2. Download the app
  3. Install
  4. Enter your credentials.
  5. Add your contacts.
    If you want to import the format of the excel file should be like this
    ID Name Password Comment

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0dIYUp6Um5nWnVWU3N1ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9