CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Desktop icon for ms office 2010

Hello, i'm writting here because i've installed ms office 2010 using crossover but it didn't create any desktop access. The program does work but i have to go to the .cxoffice directory in order to run it. My question is, how can i create a shortcut or an access to the msoffice programs (word, power poit, access...) in the desktop? I'm using ubuntu 12.10.
Than you.

Open the CrossOver bottle configuration program, select the bottle that contains the troubled program. Select the Control Panel tab > Edit Menus. Select the menus items that need to be created then select Recreate. When the operation is complete, close the dialog box.

Hope this helps!

I've tried it but there're still no icons on my desktop...

That's unfortunate. Did it make a desktop icon at all? Try to install Office 2010 again but select repair to see if that fixes the menu issue. If not, you may have to manually make some desktop entries as a work-around. Don't worry, it's pretty easy. :)

My problem was unrelated but thanks for the info. I was able to use your description to add desktop icons for another program.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidkJaVVVKa3lrUEhaazJjbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9