CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bluetooth audio with crossover application

This application may not be supported anyway, but I wanted to try using Cisco's IP communicator through Crossover (I'm using Mint 14). I'm trying to set up a bluetooth headset to use with the softphone. The headset is discovered and set up in Mint, but it is not being seen by the softphone in Crossover. Is there something that needs to be done in order to allow audio devices to be seen by applications in Crossover?

Thanks.

Jason

Hi I have limited results with this link http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/usbtoserial

It needs to be paired and connected as an audio device. CrossOver has no bluetooth support, so the Windows software can't set up the bluetooth connection. Once Linux is connected to the device and you can e.g. play music on it with a Linux music player, CrossOver should report the audio device to the Windows software just like any other audio device.

What if it doesn't (what if Wine can't see bluetooth devices even though they can communicate with linux packages)?

I'm sorry for the thread hijack but I have a similar problem. No bluetooth audio. In my case the native linux programs can communicate with my bluetooth headset just fine. It's only wine programs that don't see it.

Do you know if your distro uses PulseAudio?

Yes it does.

I'm on Fedora 17 64 bit.

Edit: I'm only running 32 bit wine packages. Having a mix of 32 bit and 64 bit broke my audio in other ways.

My suggestion would be to use the Pulseaudio setup tools (either gnome / kde specific, or simply pavucontrol) to select the input device for the Wine process. It's not an ideal solution, but it should work.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHJCYTZjZUo5OWI1a3VOOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9