CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I think I've installed Skyrim, but how do I launch it from the Wine bottle?

Hi,

I successfully downloaded Crossfire Linux, installed on Ubuntu 12.10. I followed the instructions up the point where Skyrim installed over Steam, based on my understanding of them I was supposed to close the installer after it finished, which I did.

I don't have any obvious shortcuts to the installed game, but when I launch the main Crossover application, I get a screen that displays wine bottles, one of which has Skyrim in it.

How do I actually run it? Does this indicate I missed a post-download install process?

Thanks,

Justin

(I've tried to attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing via postimg.org below:)

First, it's Crossover, not Crossfire (which ATI/AMD might have a beef with)! 😋

But as to your actual question, Skyrim is installed by way of steam, so you should launch Steam. It is odd that steam wasn't launched automatically to finish up the installation, as that was what happened for me. Once steam is fired up, you should just be able to either run Skyrim or finish the isntallation by going into your games library, as usual.

Anyway, you should have a steam for windows menu entry somewhere, and that is what you should look for.

Enjoy, Skyrim is loads of fun. It does run pretty good on my system, so you should have a pleasing experience.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2RWOHJ1cHdDcXRTOGVzZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9