CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Altova Mapforce 2013 not picking up odbc drivers when installed in Crossover

I am trying to install Altova Mapforce Enterprise Edition 2013 (32bit) in Ubuntu 13.04 x64 using Crossover 12.05. The installer installs fine and the program launches as well. However, when I try to connect to the database, (oracle xe 11g) , its not able to find the odbc/jdbc drivers in the installation path. This does not happen in Windows. I have tried the latest version of Wine as well,both give me the same problem. Can anyone suggest a way to get odbc/jdbc drivers detected in wine?

I really know nothing about your database, but I usually go for the simplest explanation. In other words, if something is missing you have to put it in.

In this case, it is highly probable you just don't have the drivers, so you need to download and install them. I found a page on Oracle's site which offers those drivers, but you need an account. Version 11.2.0.3 of the driver, being the latest, requires a valid support contract, but version 11.2.0.1 seems to be freely available.

You should download the 32bit version of those drivers, as Crossover remains as strictly 32bit environment at this time. I imagine the file will be an executable, and you can just install it in the same bottle as your Altova software.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1JjelNRdm5aWE5FUU1NNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9