CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubuntu 13.10 64 Bit

Could someone inform us, when is the CrossOver Linux version with support for Ubuntu 13.10 64bit to be expected?

ia32-libraries were deprecated for a while, but now they are also removed from 13.10 64 bit edition. Because of this current CrossOver version 12.5 doesn't work with 13.10 64 which is to be released in about two weeks, actually on 2013-10-17.

This was tweeted today:

We're hard at work on Crossover 12.5.1, due in a few weeks. Planning
to get the .deb package to install cleanly on Ubuntu & Debian
64-bit.

Thanks for you reply and info!

Until 12.5.1 is released, I've modified the deb file to remove ia32-libs as a requirement:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32877470/ia32-crossover_12.5.0-2_amd64.deb

It still complains about some 32 bit libraries not being installed when installing some applications, but they seem to run ok.

Obviously, install this at your own risk. If you're worried about breaking your Ubuntu system, wait for codeweavers to release 12.5.1

Cheers

Thanks! I have tried with forcing the install, and was able to start crossover GUI, but MS Word and Excel didn't work.

12.5.1 is out.

12.5.1 is still complaining about the lack of libz1; can't install.

Install worked fine for me, exept on loading crossover it complained about a missing libnss_mdns 32-bit library which was easily enough fixed. The one application I want to use also appeared to install perfectly, but now won't load. :(

I was lucky enough to get a years free use with last years giveaway and intended extending, but a VM looks the more viable route.

Hi,

I solved it with this, and it works fine

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/ia32-libs-in-ubuntu-13-10

Edgar

I'm glad this is working for some. I upgraded Ubuntu in place from 13.04 to 13.10 on the 22nd. Everything seemed fine, until I went to play a bit of Civ V, only to find that Crossover had gone missing. Oh, the dot files were there in my /home, as well as the bottles and so forth, but Crossover itself was MIA.

I could not re-install Crossover, either from the .deb package (my preference, and what I used for all my previous installations of CrossOver) nor from the .bin file. In both cases there was a missing dependency - lib32asound2 (which in turn depended on lib32asound). After an afternoon taken up with searching, reading, and fiddling around with apt (and synaptic) and dpkg I got nowhere. (Just to complete the fun, there is no way to downgrade with any guarantee of a fully-working system.)

I can't afford to upgrade from 12.1.01 to the new CrossOver, so right now it looks like my only choice is to re-install Ubuntu 13.04. (And yeah, I'm an idiot - I didn't have a full image backup of the old OS, only a normal backup of my /home; and I also stupidly left out /etc, which really hurts.)

Seems the whole thing is down to a change in lib delineation. The old method was lib32foo-i386; the new one is lib32foo:i386. From a hyphen to a colon is all it takes to put the kibosh on any reasonable "fix". And just to round out the happiness, lib32asound2 and lib32asound are not available in exising repos, that I can see. There are theoretical ways to force their installation, but with the likelihood of upscrewing a bunch of stuff, best I can figure. I don't know of other lacking dependencies because I didn't get any further. (Everything is already multi-arch, so that's a dead end, and I'm not about to drop to 32-bit on my six-core system.)

I swear, if I stick with Ubuntu, it's gonna be LTS versions only from here on out.

Cheers, all; I hope you all can get working what you need.

12.5.1 is working well for me. I didn't have to install ia32 libs from raring, or do anything except installing the latest crossover version.

Here are the steps I had to do to get crossover 12.5.1 to install on Ubuntu 13.10.

Download crossover_12.5.1-1_i386.deb
In a terminal run "sudo apt-get install libxrandr2:i386 desktop-file-utils"
Then "sudo dpkg -i /path/to/crossover_12.5.1-1_i386.deb"

Edit:
Here's what else I had to install:
libtiff4:i386
libsane:i386
libosmesa6:i386
libopenal1:i386
libcapi20-3:i386
libgsm1:i386
libmpg123-0:i386
libxcomposite1:i386
libxcursor1:i386
libldap-2.4-2:i386
libxinerama1:i386

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmdVRllnQWc3Q0xSemg4eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9