CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Start in Manage Bottles mode

Hi,
I upgraded to the new version but I do not like the new welcome interface at all. I find it useless. If I am opening crossover it is to manage my bottles otherwise I would be launching the application I use through crossover directly from its launcher and not through some other interface.
Long story short when I open crossover I want to see the Manage bottles interface like in the previous version....is it possible?
If it is not possible may I suggest an option in the preferences for this in the next version?

A preference might be a good idea. I don't really have a use for the new interface either. I usually fiddle with the bottle manager, bypassing the new interface entirely.

What you can do now, is what I do. Just create a launcher to cxsetup. You will find cxsetup in "cxoffice/bin", which will either be in your home or in /opt. That's the bottle manager, which you would then be able to just launch directly.

Edit: I thought I would more explicit. I have put in ~/.local/share/applications/ a file name /cxmanager.desktop with the following code, partly copied from the cxoffice launcher.

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
X-Created-By=me
Categories=X-cxmenu-cxoffice-0-29ra4ke;
Icon=cxmenu-cxoffice-0-crossover
Exec=/home/yourusername/cxoffice/bin/cxsetup #this could begin by opt/cxoffice...
Name=Bottle Manager
Comment=CrossOver's Bottle Manager

Thanks!. Very good suggestion! I did not know there was a separate launcher "cxsetup" that launches the bottle manager.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2hUZVBQY3BCVHIyaFlCdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9