CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

You Need A Budget 4 not installing correctly

I tried to install the latest YNAB 4 in a new bottle. The installation proceeds smoothly and exits without any errors, but the program won't run. When I try to run it, I get the following error:

This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/getair, or contact the application author for an updated version.

I have put the installation log up on pastebin here: Install log

I am running a fresh install of Kubuntu 13.10.

As you error message plainly states, you would need adobe air, in the same bottle as your app.

The problem is that adobe air is known not to work in Linux Crossover, as you can see here.

I'm afraid your software just won't work at this time. Since Air isn't that common, I wouldn't count on it working in the future either.

But it worked just two days ago. I was using YNAB 4 (which has always required AIR and has a gold Linux CrossOver rating) up until Tuesday. I did a fresh OS install and the bottle quit working with the AIR problem, so I created a new one that also doesn't work. In the YNAB Crossover page, there was someone else who had the same problem back in September and a staff member came in and said that they'd fixed a busted dependency issue. Subsequently, when I installed CrossOver a few days ago and installed YNAB, it worked just fine. It really seems like whatever the broken dependency was just didn't get fixed.

Geez, that is odd. Air is known not to work, which would mean that anythin depending on it shouldn't work either. Obviously that isn't true.

I'm not sure if you did, but did you try to install Air in the bottle?

Also, what version of Crossover are you running? Did you upgrade to 13.0?

OK. I just got it working. From the link that J-P Simard provided above, I downloaded the AIR CrossTie installation and ran that to create a new Adobe AIR bottle in CrossOver. Then, I installed YNAB in that bottle and it works just fine (I did have to install liblcms2-2:i386 as coteyr suggested in the YNAB specific forum in order to make the AIR bottle).

ETA: I am using CrossOver 13.0

If you did a fresh install of your OS have you checked for missing dependency’s. /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag this code works on RPM based systems I can not remember the code for Deb based systems Maybe JP knows

Gabrielle D. Profenno wrote:

If you did a fresh install of your OS have you checked for missing
dependency’s. /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag this code works on RPM
based systems I can not remember the code for Deb based systems
Maybe JP knows

Should just be "./cxdiag" if ever you need it, and yes that should work on both rpm and deb distros, hell, it works on Arch(ask me how I know)! The name of the library should be clear enough to know what you need to install.

Hay J-P
Thanks for the other code ./cxdiag just so you know this code dose not work on OpenSuse.

Gabrielle D. Profenno wrote:

Hay J-P
Thanks for the other code ./cxdiag just so you know this code dose
not work on OpenSuse.

Say what now? I might have made too many assumptions. "./cxdiag" should be used while in the bin directory, like so:

cd /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag
./cxdiag

or
./opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

Since I began using Linux, "./" is how you indicate you want to execute a file when in the terminal, so other than my example made too many assumptions, I shouldn't be that far off.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHZLbkMzUVlyd1pFNUN4RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9