CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Batman: Arkham Origins Working, almost

Batman: Arkham Origins installs and runs perfectly going into the first level but there are two issues. First the graphics slows to a choppy crawl as Batman walks toward first fight sequence. Second, the XBox 360 controller works in the bottle's game controller applet but isn't recognized by the game. Would be great to have this game working. Any ideas?

Okay, change. I'm using Kubuntu 13.10. The Interface during the intro starts out in a window that looks to be around 1280x1024. The in-game graphics settings are 1980x1080, full-screen. The game window toggles from windowed to full-screen after the Nvidia logo so I got the idea to set the window size in the KDE window manager to full-screen by pressing alt+F3 and clicking Fullscreen. Matching the window manager setting to the game setting seems to have fixed the choppiness.

The game now runs perfectly until halfway through the initial fight sequence. At this point the hard drive starts thrashing, which causes a "catch up" freeze every 20 seconds or so. This lasts a few seconds. I have an ATI 6870 with 2 GB, which is more than enough on Windows. I will experiment on the thrashing. At this point I'd say the game is bronze.

If I can stop the thrashing and get the Xbox controller to work i'd give it at least silver. Perhaps this game is high profile enough to warrant a look from Codeweaver support? It would be very close to gold if these 2 issues are solved.

HDD trashing might mean that for some reason you're now using the swap partition. Maybe memory leaks? How much memory do you have on your system?

For the Xbox controller... feel like experimenting? Follow this tip and tell me if you managed to make it work:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=11868;tips=1

You need to have .NET 4.0 installed in that bottle for x360ce to work.

I have a ready made .ini file for the xbox 360 controller that so far proved to work on both Ubuntu 12.04 and Manjaro here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3371527/x360ce_ini_file/x360ce.ini

Please test and tell me how it went.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicGRka3pReXViSGFCN3I3VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9