CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mint-16 multiarch and Unity3d

Hey all,

Just bought my copy of crossover after using it for the trial and I'm super impressed with what I see so far. Small issue with getting Unity 3d 4.3.2f1 to function properly. I know, I know: It's not on the supported list. After doing some light configuration/legwork I got it to install correctly and now I'm at the step where I'm trying to create a new project. The problem is the path Unity is suggesting reads "C:\users\crossover\My Documents\New Unity Project 1" which is ok because I'm trying to test it but when I hit the Create button, it creates the New Unity Project directory in my ~/.My\ Documents folder instead of in the bottle itself. I think it would work if I could just figure out why it's doing this.

Anyone have any ideas? It's like it's seeing the Linix FS path instead of the bottle's path.

Thanks!

~~ Nate

That's the intended behaviour.

You sir, are correct and I didn't elaborate :)

If I select the Create New Project tab, and either click Create or Browse to any directory and then click Create, it spits out a message saying: "The specified path is not valid (Should be a name of a non existing or empty directory)", which it is. Well, it exists after it creates the directory but doens't do anything beyond that.

~~ Nate

EDIT:

Also, if I browse to any random folder in the bottle to try and create it, the Create button is disabled even if I create a new folder and select it.

Ah! I think you're running into this bug then:

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26272

Ah, I think I remember seeing this in my flurry if investigation the other day. If I Can manually create a project through the terminal than I will try that. My next step is to figure out why UDK 2013-07 doesn't get past the splash screen :)

Thanks! :)

~~ Nate

Did you make sure that you're not missing any of the required libs? Take a look at this thread:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=11995;forum=1;msg=157074#c2

Wow that is extremely helpful. Thank you! I'll run this and see if I can track down anything I'm missing. Update later on if I've resolved the issue.

EDIT:

When I run the diag tool, I get the following:

[b][MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[MissingLibGsm]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgsm.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use the GSM codec for audio compression and decompression."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibLcms2]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit liblcms2.so.2 library"
"Description"="Provides color profile information to Windows applications. This is particularly useful if you have color-calibrated your screen but some applications need it even if you have not done so."

[MissingLibMpg123]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libmpg123.so.0 library"
"Description"="Needed by some Windows applications to play MP3 files."

[MissingLibOpenal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libopenal.so.1 library"
"Description"="Provides audio support to Windows applications."

[MissingLibOsmesa]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libOSMesa.so.6 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some games and CAD-like applications to perform off-screen rendering."

[MissingLibSane]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libsane.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access scanners."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

[MissingLibV4l1]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libv4l1.so.0 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access video devices."

[MissingLibXcomposite]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libXcomposite.so.1 library"
"Description"="This is needed for most CAD-like applications and some games."

[MissingLibXcursor]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libXcursor.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use color mouse pointers. This is mostly useful for some games."

[MissingLibXinerama]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libXinerama.so.1 library"
"Description"="This is needed if your display spans multiple screens. If your computer has a single screen then you don't need it."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="NVIDIA Corporation"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="4.3.0 NVIDIA 319.32"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTX 560M/PCIe/SSE2"
[/b]

BUT! When I mlocate libgsm.so.1, for example, mlocate finds it under /usr/lib/x86_64/libgsm.so.1

Strange...

Nope, it's right. You found the 64bit version of the lib and required are the 32 bit ones. CrossOver creates, atm, only 32bit environments. Read the whole thread on that page.

This should aid you locate the missing stuff:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

On the thread that I linked to, I also point out some packages that you will most likely not need.

I hope you did not try to do any symlinks to the 64bit libs.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHl0NHZDbXJaUnlnN1dxeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9