CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyone know how to Install zapf dingbat fonts on Arch Linux

On the whole MS office 2010 runs pretty well on Crossover / Arch Linux. I recently received a powerpoint slideset that used a zapf dingbat font which I can not display. Wondering if there is a package that includes these fonts available for Linux, thanks in advance.

As for your initial question, I would say nowhere. I can't find it, or anything like it in the official repos or the AUR. My impression after searching for it on the web is that the free versions of zapf are actually infringing on intellectual property. So I would think nobody has either the rights, or the financial motivation to distribute it. Of course, this goes for all OS, but even more so when you're swimming in Arch's waters. The possibility of finding an Arch specific package for that font are close to none at all.

There are two way to resolve the issue.

1) I f you buy or find a free version, perhaps try to make use of a windows installer, and install the font via Crossover's installation wizard within the bottle of MSOffice. You could always just install the font by copying the files in .cxoffice/DDquotes/drive_c/windows/Fonts/ (.cxoffice is either in your home or /opt), as I think that would work.

2) Or, if you want the font for the rest of the system, you could create a package for that font. It isn't that hard, as I have done for other fonts myself. And there is the ever excellent Arch wiki to help you along.

Thanks your reply

I found the answer at least for Office 2010. Updating to SP2 includes these fonts and I can now see the fonts.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFBONWVCTk44cGtDYlRXRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9