CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying To Run Royal Quest With Linux

Hi!

I want to use my brother's laptops which is a T60 and a T61 which are tougher than my Dells and I can take anywhere. It has Mint 16 and runs real well.

Because my online friends love Royal Quest and because it only runs on Windows I was told to try CrossOver. I was surprised how well CrossOver ran my other Windows apps. The only pothole is I can't join my online friends doing Royal Quest because when I try to run Royal Quest I keep getting a "Exception Occurred" and "createDevice error" pop-ups.

My online friends say CrossOver should be able to run RoyalQuest because it's an older program that runs on low power PCs.

What can I do? I'll buy CrossOver for myself and my best friend neighbor if we can just get past this test.

Thank you for any help!

BB

Welcome to the crossover forums, does the program give any more error's? Does it even open up? I would think with those two it wouldn't but you never know.

Maybe it is a good idea to generate more debug information and post here. It will be easier for people to help you.

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/debug

Hope this helps.

Chances are you may have to go retro with Mint (9-12) in order to run Royal Quest (and Aion) on CrossOver. I glean others did run these two on way earlier versions of Mint with Wine. Oddly, on my 64bit T400 Mint 18 with CX, Royal Quest will run (unlike being corrupted at log-in screen like Aion) but when you quit you get a pop-up box with a header of:

Exception Occurred
r20328 v272 FINAL
Memory Access Violation At Location 0x7B4CE579

along a listing of registers and stack dumps which I can't cut and paste here because the box is an image. So I'll do more investigation.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNU5mNnFGelFhTU4zTHZuYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9