CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubuntu Mate 16.10 Crossover install throws 24k KConfigIni Invalid escape error messages

I am trying to install Crossover Linux 15 that I just bought in the cyber monday promotion. I download the trial in .deb, and I run it and a lot of error sounds come from the headphones, when opening the terminal with messages, I see that 24k (by the end of the run) KConfigIni error messages with file /boot/vmlinuz-4.8.0-27-generic "Invalid scape" or "Invalid entry" are there. It supposedly launch successfully, but there is no way I can know for sure because nothing is created to launch the program. and the program doesn't launch from the terminal typing "crossover" or "crossover-linux".

The first time that I tried I launched the deb package without sudo dpkg-add-architecture because I knew that I had installed Skype and that program requires i386 packages. But just to make sure I did add the architecture and re-try the installation and errors happened again. So it's not that I didn't have the i386 packages.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGRUY2t2cDlGSjRRa3VCQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9