CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

11g Release 2 (11.2) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit)

Hi all;
i have a program working with Oracle Database Client 11g Release 2 (11.2) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit),
i cant install oracle client and i cant run my program..

i am newbie Linux user...Which Linux i can use?Could you please tell me step by step how can i do this..

Thanks....

Well, you have two questions there.

1) Which Linux: The supported distros are Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, Debian, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). That doesn't mean you have to stick with those, unless you want to insure you can submit a support ticket as easily as possible. I personnaly use ArchLinux, and Crossover can run fine. So honestly, it is really up to you. Under most conditions, using 32 or 64 bit distros don't matter either. So the real answer, use whatever Linux distro you want, keeping in mind there are so few officially supported distros.

2) How to install software: On that matter, this has been covered in two pages on this site as tutorials and a FAQ page. I would feel reading that would be much better than anything I could say.

If you have trouble installing the software, as maybe it won't run, then we can try to take a fruther look.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTdaWkNKQnY5R2Y0c0VOTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9