CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No sound on app loaded thru CrossOver which was working under plain WINE

Hi,

I'm using a trial version on Linux 12.04 LTS
The app plays guitar lessons which come in "DVD" versions and in "CD" versions.
Everything works in the DVD version a player comes up and there is sound.
The CD version brings up a player app which does nothing. The app itself when it first loads also is supposed to play a few notes but doesn't.

THE THING IS ... that I had the app working under WINE (although it was missing some icons and buttons) and the sound WORKED. I tried copying all libs etc to the CrossOver folders from WINE but no luck.
Any suggestions?

I ran the app under debug and found :

"fixme:quartz:DSoundRender_QueryInterface No interface for {37d84f60-42cb-11ce-8135-00aa004bb851}!"

I also got some messages like :
"(wine:3443): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64"
Which might mean I'm looking at a 32 bit library problem

BUT why would it work under plain jane WINE and not CrosssOver?

You probably have the 64bit version of wine installed and CrossOver's wine is 32bit... There's a wiki page that deals with this sort of stuff:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/Ubuntu/PrecisePangolin

Look under "Installation". You have two apt-get commands that will install almost anything CX's wine can potentially need.

Since I don't know what you copied and where, you may need to un-install CX and re-install...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRUNiNWdQelRaTjJiSEVnaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9