CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 not accepting user password - crossover 13.1.3

Hi,

i just install Crossover 13.1.3 with fresh office 2007 setup, i'm trying to setup my outlook 2007 to get the mail but the application unable to connect
to the server, the authentication popup is there but each time i enter the password it does not accept it.

on the old version 12.5 with ubuntu 10.04 there is a work around to change the smb.conf file, i did the same but still not working.

my system is ubuntu 12.04 x64 with Crossover 13.1.3

any help will be appreicated.

Mohamed.

=(Summary)==

sudo apt-get install winbind
!
Edit this file:
sudo gedit /etc/samba/smb.conf

under global add this line: client ntlmv2 auth = no

[global]
client ntlmv2 auth = no

sudo service winbind restart

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVprYlh6d1NYYUJuc25TcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9