CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

List of applications officially-supported / tested by CodeWeavers?

On the "differentiators" page, it says that Crossover "is consistently tested against a supported application set," but I can't find what that application set IS anywhere. That would be really good information to have for someone evaluating whether to purchase Crossover. Moreover, when I submit support tickets, I'm often told that "we don't support or test that program," etc. So, it would be nice to know which programs I can expect a high level of official support for.

Does anyone know (or will CodeWeavers share) which applications are specifically supported / tested during development? (And just to be clear - I know all about the C4 database and WineHQ, which seem primarily community-driven. What I'm wondering is which applications the devs are testing against).

Thanks!

Hey,

Do you mean like what the compatibility database is for?
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

With the above link, applications use to have 'badges' that showed "supported"/"unsupported". I am not sure where these have gone with the last re-vamp of the site.

Striker Leggette wrote:

Hey,

Do you mean like what the compatibility database is for?
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

With the above link, applications use to have 'badges' that showed
"supported"/"unsupported". I am not sure where these have gone with
the last re-vamp of the site.

No, not exactly. I want to know what set of applications the devs test against and officially support. The Compatibility Center is just a compilation of community user's experiences. It's helpful, but not what I'm looking for.

Right now the only way I can tell is when I try to install software from within Crossover, if the app happens to be officially supported it will say so on the right hand side of the crossover installation window. But I don't want to have to search; I'm looking for a list of all the supported apps in one place.

Ryan Kingsbury wrote:

No, not exactly. I want to know what set of applications the devs
test against and officially support. The Compatibility Center is
just a compilation of community user's experiences. It's helpful,
but not what I'm looking for.

Right now the only way I can tell is when I try to install software
from within Crossover, if the app happens to be officially supported
it will say so on the right hand side of the crossover installation
window. But I don't want to have to search; I'm looking for a list
of all the supported apps in one place.

This change in thinking came about when we redesigned our website. We took a look at all of our "Supported" applications and all of the applications that our customers and volunteers have ranked "Gold". In many cases we decided that our community was doing a more than adequate job of providing top notch support to the applications they rank and love... and it was not limited to the "Gold" applications.

On top of that, we have long debated whether medal rankings really did the job of relaying the information we wanted to give to our users.

We spent months deliberating. We spent time heatedly debating. And then, we settled into a design that everyone agreed gave more information. It was put into place on October 13, 2015.

With this, there is no "Supported" distinction. No programs are "more blessed" because we run them. They are ranked well because our community (including CodeWeavers) believes in their functionality. That said, your question is unanswered. You want to know what we, CodeWeavers, are testing CrossOver against.

So, how about a list from the Quality Assurance department?

We test:

Office 2013
which includes:

• Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • Outlook
  • Project
  • Visio
    And we are looking at Access 2013
    We do not yet claim functionality, this is a work in progress

Office 2010
which includes:

• Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • Outlook
  • Project
  • Visio

Office 2007
which includes:

• Word
  • Excel
  • PowerPoint
  • Outlook
  • Project
  • Visio

We still look at bugs within Office 2003 but without a strong customer base requesting work, we do not prioritize these bugs.

Quicken 2013-2016
** Noting that 2016 has new features we need to do work on to gain more functionality

e-Sword

• this application has a Mac native version but still has a large following on both Mac and Linux through CrossOver

Enterprise Architect

• Usually the latest version but sometimes triaging bugs in older versions

MetaTrader 4

Guild Wars
Rift
World of Warcraft - Linux
Starcraft II - Linux
Skyrim
Guild Wars 2
EVE Online
Hearthstone - Linux
Star Trek Online - Linux
Baseball Mogul 2015
CubeWorld
Path of Exile
Warcraft III
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (with comparison to native versions)
Wizard101
Pirate101
World of Tanks
World of Warships
Alien Swarm
Plants vs Zombies (with comparison to native versions)
South Park: Stick of Truth
Terraria
Xenonauts
Planetside 2 (needs more work)
Magic 2015 (needs more work)

We are also testing Steam, Origin, Arc, GOG Galaxy, Big Fish Games Manager, and other game delivery systems (UPlay is starting to work).

Beyond that, we have a library of thousands of games to test with so that if an issue arises we can triage it.

The above is subject to change at any time and if a particular title is getting a lot of attention from the community, we are very likely to add it into our normal round of testing and development. This has happened in the past with games like Star Wars: The Old Republic, SIMS 4, Need for Speed World, and many more. Further, we test against the functionality of development on DirectX 11 and all the components getting implementation work for Office 2013 (like dwrite, direct2d, etc).

When DirectX 11 becomes more functional, we expect our list of games that get tested to change drastically.

The core group of applications like Office programs or Quicken or popular games like World of Warcraft, EVE, Rift will always get our attention if they have trouble but we want it to be clear that we would work on applications outside of that circle.

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was wondering about! Appreciate the clarification.

This information is now incorporated into our knowledgebase:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/crossover

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjhxdnJUOFplU3hZdmdUZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9