CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crossover-15.0.0-1.rpm is DOA on CentOS 6.7

Previous version of crossover was running just fine.
I just upgraded to crossover-15.0.0-1.rpm on CentOS 6.7 which won't run at all.
Nothing happens when starting from GUI
(Applications --> Crossover --> > Crossover)

When I try to run from command line, /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxinstaller I get
the following error messages:

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/infobar.py", line 15, in init
self._child = gtk.InfoBar()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'InfoBar'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./cxinstaller", line 139, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "./cxinstaller", line 132, in main
installersource=options.installersource)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxinstallerui.py", line 2291, in
open_or_show
DIALOG = InstallWizardController(**kwargs)
File "/opt/cxoffice/lib/python/cxinstallerui.py", line 233, in
init
renderer.set_padding(24, 24)
AttributeError: 'gtk.CellRendererProgress' object has no attribute
'set_padding'

FYI I am using the lastest Nvidia drivers from Elrepo.org with a Nvidia
Quadro K600 graphics card.

Fwiw, it works fine on opensuse tumbleweed.

CX15 requires newer versions of libraries which are not available on CentOS 6.x.

I ran into this problem yesterday, and started a support conversation with Andrew Balfour.

The problem is that 15.0.0 requires python-gtk2 >=2.24, whereas RHEL6 only goes to 2.16.

So the crossover GUI itself won't launch.

However, exisiting software in bottles that I had already installed appears to be working fine. MS Office 2010 is working quite well.

No idea how I'd reinstall it if necessary, but it is fine for now.

It does seem unfortunate that a design decision unrelated to the core purpose of running crossover appears to have made the software loose functionality.

I have Centos 6.7, configured just for the official repositories + epel + elrepo

I have gtk2 2.24, so it is not true that RHEL6 only goes up to 2.16 ....

The issue is the pygtk2 package, not the gtk2 package.

Problem:

self.crossover_gui.get_object("SectionsScrolledWindow").set_visible(view != TREE_VIEW)
AttributeError: 'gtk.ScrolledWindow' object has no attribute 'set_visible' 

According to http://pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/class-gtkwidget.html#method-gtkwidget--set-visible the method is available in PyGTK 2.22 and above

Ancestry:

+-- gobject.GObject
  +-- gtk.Object
    +-- gtk.Widget         <--
      +-- gtk.Container
        +-- gtk.Bin
          +-- gtk.ScrolledWindow  <--

The pygtk2 package is at version 2.16 in RHEL/CentOS 6.x

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/Packages/

Chad Bender wrote:

It does seem unfortunate that a design decision unrelated to the
core purpose of running crossover appears to have made the software
loose functionality.

Actually... We are working on a bug fix for CrossOver 15 that will resolve this issue and make CrossOver 15 work on CentOS 6.7. We expect to release this fix in January 2016.

In the meantime you can grab the Crossover Linux 14.1.11 .rpm that'll install at https://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxlinux/demo/crossover-14.1.11-1.rpm

Is there a fix now?

arkanoid wrote:

Is there a fix now?

CrossOver 15.0.1 is currently available on our web-site. This version should work.

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUFNzS3RBZ1Z4SnZOZ3V5TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9