CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Connectivity problem after installation of CrossOver 15.0.0

I have installed trial version of CrossOver 15.0.0 on my Linux Mint 17.1 64b but I can't update its recipes during the very first launch. The progress bar does something for a second or two but then it freezes. Besides, if I want to install for example Origin, it refuses to download and install all the fonts etc.

My Internet connection is working well from any browser. I am not behind any proxy server.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks to a hint from CodeWeavers guys I discovered that CrossOver was using our corporate proxy (don't know why) but the workaround was to launch console, reset the proxy settings and then launch CrossOver:

cesilko@cesilko-nb ~ $/usr/bin/gsettings reset org.gnome.system.proxy.http host
cesilko@cesilko-nb ~ $/usr/bin/gsettings reset org.gnome.system.proxy.http port
cesilko@cesilko-nb ~ $/opt/cxoffice/bin/crossover

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUM0eUVDQVZkSGhMZ3ZDSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9