CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Publisher 2010 Printing issue

Hi there,

I'm running Crossover 12.2.1 in Ubuntu 13.04 64bit. Publisher is working pretty well these days but when I print, Pulisher speaks with the printer and it spits out a page but there is no image or text.

Any advice is welcome.

Regards
John

The best thing you can do is file a support ticket (or send an email to info@codeweavers.com). Publisher 2010 is not considered a supported application but we would in the very least take a look at the printing issue.

In that ticket/email you should include:

A brief summary of your system
(which Linux OS, 32 or 64 bit)
A link to this thread so whomever gets the ticket knows what to do with it (primarily, give it to me)

Before you file that ticket, please gather the following:

The CrossOver diagnostic log:
/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug &> ~/Desktop/Publisherprint.txt
(mostly we want to see if there is something strange with the libraries on your system)

A sample document that does not print for you
(I realize that it's likely every document, but something simple would be best)

With that sample document, you should do one instance of "print to file" and include that file

A log file of an attempted print with no flags set

A log file of an attempted print with the flags:
+relay,+winspool,+seh,+tid,+psdrv,+print

Upload them to:

http://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/cupcake/publisher/

This upload location is specific to your account, you will need to be logged in to access it. It will allow you to upload the files so you don't have to attach them all to a ticket. If you have trouble, you can always attach the files to the ticket

If you don't know how to capture a log in CrossOver on Linux, this tutorial will help you:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/debug

And if the second log file is large, please compress it.

I can't guarantee we can fix it but if you can provide the above information, we will pass it to our developer who specializes in this type of trouble.

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks Caron,

I'll so so whnI get some time. I have another printing problem within Word as well.

Regards
John

Hi there
I have encountered the same questions.I tried to print the image ,but it displays nothing.I don't know why.I want to know that if there is any image program which supports to do that directly.Thanks for any suggestions.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSjRRWWRoTUphYU1oVEM2SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9