CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

12.5.0 problems.

Hello group.
Yestaday got and updated to new 12.5.0 version.
I have few questions.

1. Where option "restart windows" ?
  2. In Manage Bottles Applications is empty, but I have installed applications.
  3. Control panel has only Internet setting.

I'm using SL 6.4 linux (Like RadHat)

Anybody have same problems?

Regards.

Hi Dimitry,

Actually, 12.5 is running pretty nicely on my system, but I'm on Arch. I figure there should be a way to get you running nicely too. I'm going to give you my opinion on things, but you could try a support ticket as well.

Q1: If you mean where is to button to stop the bottle, it's in the bottle manager interface, which can be started in "tool" menu on the main interface. You have to select a bottle first, so the absence of the button is related to your second problem.

Q2/Q3: You might have some "bad" glitchy installation for some reason. You might want to consider uninstalling Crossover, but be careful not to delete your bottles! Afterwards reinstall Crossover. A "clean" install instead might just clear those problems.

Q4: That problem will probably be related to your second and third questions.

Good luck!

Hello.
Tnx for quick answer.
About Q1: in previos version was option "windows reboot" under Control Panel , I think.(I do not talking about "Quit Bottle")

I'm uninstall Croccover, uninstalled only via "Administration" -> "Add/Remove Software", throught "Aplication"->"CrossOver"->"Uninstall CrossOver Linux" doesn't works.

Installed again, maked new Bottle , installed two application, now I go to Crossover -> tools -> Manage Bottles -> Application - I do not see any installed aplication (do you see something there?), and under "Control Panel" I have only -Internet Setting-

All installed aplications I see on Main window of Crossover.

Regards.

As for the reboot, it is in the control panel tab, as you can see here.. Sorry I didn't get your meaning the first time. But since you see only internet settings, it's really the same problem.

And yes, you should see the applications present in a bottle in the "applications" tab. If you don't see anything, there is something wrong.

I would definitly open a support ticket as I have never had such problems, and can't reproduce them myself, the staff would be much more knowledgeable as to how to fix this.

Hi.
Thank you.
Support ticket is open.

Regards.

As I suffer from the same problem on two machines: Could you please post the result, so I don't have to unnecessarily open another ticket.
Thanks,
Stefan

Some "Input Managers" appear to cause problems with any CrossOver bottle which has the Mac Driver enabled, which in 12.5 is, by default, all of them.

We have seen problems with Safari Adblock and 1Passwd. If you have either of those, please try disabling them and starting CrossOver again. If you do not have either of those on your machine and don't know of any other Input Managers (you could look in /Library/InputManagers to see if anything is present there), then a ticket is the right way to go.

If you discover a different input manager that breaks CrossOver for you, it may be worth our knowing about anyway, so submitting a ticket just with that information could help us.

Thanks,

Josh.

Hi.
This is the BUG.
Them lets me know when will have a resolution.

Regards.

Josh DuBois wrote:

which has the Mac Driver enabled

Josh.

Um, do you think this goes for Linux distros Josh?

J-P Simard wrote:

Josh DuBois wrote:

which has the Mac Driver enabled

Josh.

Um, do you think this goes for Linux distros Josh?

Ack! Saw this in email and replied thinking it was a totally different forum thread.

No, of course not.

I have this problem also, and only since i upgraded to 12.5. I have 6 bottles, and it only shows the "internet settings" in the control panel tab, at least for 3 out of 6 bottles. For one it includes the ODBC option, for two others (office & IE) it shows everything, and for the other three just internet settings. This is on Centos 6.4 I have 12.5 running fine on Ubuntu 12.04, with similar bottles.
The applications tab information is also broken. It seems to be mixing application information from different bottles. I created a new Adobe XI bottle from the install software, and it shows up in my office bottle application list.

It seems that this problem may be limited to Redhat and its derivatives.

Is there any idea for a fix for this? And can we get a link to the support thread if this is an open ticket?

Downgrading back to 12.2.2 has fixed these problems for the moment, but i would prefer to use the latest version.

I know one of the advocates, running CentOS, had the very same problem during the beta. I imagine he reported it, but I can't know for sure, as he doesn't specify in that thread.

What I would do is open a support ticket, making sure there's a link to this thread. Otherwise, you can't be sure this will have the proper priority.

I have similar problems with disappeared control panels.

The Control Panel not being populated in some instances is a known issue with CrossOver 12.5.

This is bug number 11155 in our system.

Not all users are affected.

[u][b]If you are affected, please submit a
Support Ticket and ask to be added to that bug.[/b][/u]

Hello.
New version is 13.0 but still old problems.
I do not see any changes.
Ticket was opened 2 months ago but nothing do.

Thanks.

We have tracked down the issue. Unfortunately we resolved it after 13.0 was released. We plan to have this fixed in the next release of CrossOver.

Hello.
13.0.1 version fixed this issue.
Thank you.

1 to 17 of 17

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnNZUXFxM05IUXBHWDlUeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9