CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trouble with missing libraries

I've run "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug" and have gone through to make sure that I have all the libs, even if I don't think I'll need them. The output may be found here. The problem is that some of them aren't being recognised (even with the dev versions also installed) and others I can't find. I was hoping to get some help with that.

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 64b

Those that are installed are:
Libgphoto2
libhal

Those I can't find:
libgstapp
libgstreamer

The ones I'm most concerned about are those last two, as I don't use a digital camera, and the only problem I've had with CD detection has been fixed.

George Chappell wrote:

I've run "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug" and have gone through to
make sure that I have all the libs, even if I don't think I'll need
them. The output may be found
here. The problem is
that some of them aren't being recognised (even with the dev
versions also installed) and others I can't find. I was hoping to
get some help with that.

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 64b

Those that are installed are:
Libgphoto2
libhal

Those I can't find:
libgstapp
libgstreamer

The ones I'm most concerned about are those last two, as I don't use
a digital camera, and the only problem I've had with CD detection
has been fixed.

Hi George
Try searching for gstreamer rather than libgstreamer libstapp is part of GStreamer Streaming-Media Framework and should show up in the gstreamer search.

Right, however the results I get don't seem to be those libraries for 64bit installtions. Those end in :i386 right?

George Chappell wrote:

Right, however the results I get don't seem to be those libraries
for 64bit installtions. Those end in :i386 right?

I'm on a different distro so what I see may differ a little. Crossover is 32bit so you do need to install the 32bit versions of the Lib. libgstapp-0_10-0 is the 64bit version and libgstapp-0_10-0-32bit is the 32bit version and so on

George, the dev packages usually contain just header files (.h extension) which are only useful when compiling stuff against some lib or another.

A rather big list of "missing libs" and instructions on getting them is here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

There is that bit of info that worries me a bit and I don't recall seeing that issue on Linux Mint 16 (which is based on Ubuntu 13.10) on this page though:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibGstreamer

libgstreamer-0.10-0 is no longer available with Ubuntu 13.10 and the
updated package (libgstreamer1.0-0) is not compatible with CrossOver
at this time.

So Canonical packaged the 64bit version but not the 32bit one... I can't test now so I'm not sure it's accurate :/

Try:

sudo apt-get install libgstreamer0.10-0:i386

And tell us whether it worked or not.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzR4eEdQVEZ4TFJYWlNjUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9