CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office 2007 in Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) Japanese input

Hi Folks,

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and Crossover Linux 13.2.0
I have Mozc set as the input method to type in Japanese in my Linux programs.

I do not have a Windows CD/DVD.

Does anyone know is there a way I can get Word to accept Japanese input using Mozc (or Anthy)?
I can type in Japanese and see the words in the Linux IME window, but when I hit enter nothing appears in word.

I can paste Japanese text into Word and it appears correctly.

I've tried setting the font in Word to a Japanese font and enabling every option for Japanese under the Ubuntu Text Services. All with no luck. Pasted characters appear fine, but typed Japanese characters are not visible in Word 2007.

Thank you

John Niendorf wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and Crossover Linux 13.2.0
I have Mozc set as the input method to type in Japanese in my Linux
programs.

I do not have a Windows CD/DVD.

Does anyone know is there a way I can get Word to accept Japanese
input using Mozc (or Anthy)?
I can type in Japanese and see the words in the Linux IME window,
but when I hit enter nothing appears in word.

I can paste Japanese text into Word and it appears correctly.

I've tried setting the font in Word to a Japanese font and enabling
every option for Japanese under the Ubuntu Text Services. All with
no luck. Pasted characters appear fine, but typed Japanese
characters are not visible in Word 2007.

Thank you

Actually, this is in our FAQ about Ubuntu 14.04:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/Ubuntu/TrustyTahr#noaccents

Please let me know if that does not help.

Thank you for the link. I had missed that.
Unfortunately if I disable iBus I will lose the ability to type in Japanese at all.

Vince Lund pointed me in the right direction.
He suggested changing the locale of the bottle that Microsoft Office is installed in by following the instructions at

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxoffice62_choosedifferentlanguage

That solved the problem. I can now type in Japanese in Word.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOTdRUFVRZnp5UVpkWGtHZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9