CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trial package install failed

Hi,
I have successfully download the trial version 13.2.0.

Before install, i run : sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 ; sudo apt-get update

But i have an error while installing the package :

Preparing to unpack /tmp/crossover_13.2.0-1.deb ...
This CrossOver Linux Debian package cannot be installed on top of a Loki or MojoSetup package.
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/crossover_13.2.0-1.deb (--install):
subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/crossover_13.2.0-1.deb
red
My laptop is an ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits (kernel 3.13.0-35).

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and help.

Regards.

I get the same error on trying to update a previous install of crossover. The error returned via Ubuntu software centre is

This CrossOver Linux Debian package cannot be installed on top of a Loki or MojoSetup package.
dpkg: error processing archive /home/user/Downloads/crossover_14.0.3-1.deb (--install):

What is the resolution?

I have came across the same issue last time when installing 14.03.
The workaround is to use the bin version instead of the Ubuntu package. However, I find it odd and I'd suggest to report the issue upstream.
I'd raise a ticket for it if I only knew hot to report bugs for crossover.

William Harwin wrote:

I get the same error on trying to update a previous install of
crossover. The error returned via Ubuntu software centre is

This CrossOver Linux Debian package cannot be installed on top of a
Loki or MojoSetup package.
dpkg: error processing archive
/home/user/Downloads/crossover_14.0.3-1.deb (--install):

What is the resolution?

Did you previously use the Ubuntu Software Center to install CrossOver? Did you previously use our bin (mojo) installer?

If you used the Ubuntu Software Center, you need to remove the old package:

sudo apt-get remove crossover-trial-bin:i386

This information has now been added to our main page for Ubuntu:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/Ubuntu

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicng0bkxFY2FKd3YzbUtFUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9