CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Login/Registration Server down?

Hi All,

I'm having problems registering my sofware?

./cxregister
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
Terminated

I also can't login via the website that is if I log out and back in then it hangs. For some reason if I just refresh I'm shown as logged in anyway.

Help appreciated!

Regards,

Glenn

Managed to move forwrad

If I execute using beesu I get the dialog window up, and it attempts to contact the registration server.

Registration fails, no reaon given.

What distro and version are you using?

Fedora 15 - 2.6.43.5-2.fc15.x86_64
Crossover 11.1.0

This is what I get.

I am having the same problem in Fedora 17. Same "Download failed" error report, same everything.

Also, if I try to install a windows application (Steam) I get multiple Download failed errors whenever it tries to download the TrueType fonts, except it lists it as "gaierror(-2, Name or service not known)." Research tells me this is an issue with CX not resolving the URL of the download page, but if I run nslookup with the URL given in the error report, nslookup works fine.

I've tried suspending all security software (SELinux and Firewall) with no results.

This is a Crossover problem, yes, and is usually the fault of any one of several proxy-related issues.

For licensed users who are experiencing this problem and desire a quick solution, shoot an email to "info@codeweavers.com" and our staff will reply with manual license files that you can use to register your install.

If you desire technical closure and not a quick solution, file a support ticket, please, and we'll go about figuring out the reason registration is failing in your case.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQktDYXRKaFRZeUFrV3JuNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9