CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office 2010 - installation language not supported?

Hi All,

Tyring to install office from CD, I get about halfway through the install when this error pops up with an OK button:

Seteup Error: Installation language not supported.

I am running Arch Linux 64 with gnome3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would like to purchase this software if I can just get over this hurdle.

Best,

Chris

I think the first tip found here is what you need...

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7437;tips=1

In particular, you'll need the 32bit lbxslt, which you'll find in the AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55629), for us archers. ;)

Thanks, that did it. Man just when you think you've read everywhere, there's always some juicy tidbit hiding.

:D

The story of my life since Arch... There's always more to know!

I'm getting the same error on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. Cxdiag doesn't report any missing libraries. Any ideas?

Pat wrote:

I'm getting the same error on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. Cxdiag doesn't
report any missing libraries. Any ideas?

Did you try adding libxslt?

Yes - libxslt is already installed.

The funny thing, I just tried it during lunch on a 32bit VM with Ubuntu and a trial version of Office, and the install went fine (of course, I didn't try to activate office, but the language thing comes before). I wonder if you libxslt library isn't somehow currupted. Maybe uninstall and reinstall or force an update on it?

Also, since I'm the kind of person to fool around, I vagely remember that after screwing up badly a VM, copying the file of the CD to a folder and installing from there helped. Of course, the VM might have been the reason for the change in behavior, but copying the CD files on your machine to try the install from there doesn't really cost anything to try.

I was trying to install from a virtual box shared folder, kept failing with the "installation language not supported" error. Copied the iso locally, mounted and install worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Well, glad to help, even if I was 3 months early!

Try installing the earlier msxml parser versions.

I had an issue on Ubuntu 12.04 libxslt was installed.

I installed msxml 3 and it still came up with the language error. I then installed msxml 2 and it installed fine.

Cheers

Alex

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRk5uS2J4ZU12WFVXOG1SViIsImdkcHIiOjB9