CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cossover thinks everything is trail version...

I have a big issue with my corssover, everything installed appears to be a trail bottle and it has issues with my license too.

For example I have installed ms-office in a bottle, when starting ms-office I get once a day that my crossover is a trail version, when selecting to "register", it chews for a while and then pops up a message that I'm already registered. Then it complains that the bottle is a trail version bottle and I have to register as the bottle is older than 15 days, hitting the "register" button will generate the same messages as been already registered. The next thing is that it pops up that the bottle is a trail bottle.

Removing the .eval in the bottle directory, I get a new 15 days....

This has become a lot worse since I got up to the version 11 and now I have installed the 11.2.1 no change.

One Issue I have with my license is that [office-std] is the first one in the list and it says expired last year, but my [office-pro] (this should include the std), [cxgames-linux] and [crosslin] are still valid.

I did try to change order in the license file, so that the office-std is last, then things seems to work a little bit better for a while till it updates the license file and then everything is a big pita again.

Has anyone else had this pita and how did you solve it so that cx will not think it's a trail version???

Try deleting both the license & sig files and re-registering

Sadly I forgot to mention, done a full reinstall (rm -rf /opt/cxoffice && sh install-crossover-11.2.1.bin), but no change there.

I have made a new install of the bottle after fresh installation, but still the bottle becomes a trail/eval bottle.

trizt wrote:

Sadly I forgot to mention, done a full reinstall (rm -rf
/opt/cxoffice && sh install-crossover-11.2.1.bin), but no change
there.

I have made a new install of the bottle after fresh installation,
but still the bottle becomes a trail/eval bottle.

Hmm... you should probably open a support ticket. These issues haven't been cropping up, generally, since earlier versions of 11. We'll want to see exactly how you've restored your bottles, etc. etc., and maybe dig deper in, which is better done in the ticket system than here.

Have an open issue, but this war it hasn't given anything. Just uploaded some strace files and configs.
I hope that it will resolve, but at this point I'm feeling a bit mad at the whole situation.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSDNKVndzQjNGZEgzY1ZrYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9