CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux Mint 13 Some applications won't launch

Hi all,

Got a strange problem with Linux Mint 13 64-bit and the newest version of Crossover. Some applications, like WoW and Steam appear to launch and run without any problems. But, others (such as The Sims 1 and 2) won't launch, and although they are both not supported, the error I'm getting is unusual. Upon attempting to launch either, I just get an error window saying "Internal errors - invalid parameters received" and then it closes. Something tells me that this means I have a problem with my CrossOver install that runs deeper than the apps being "known not to work."

The terminal output is:
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xf4cba39d at address 0x40986f (thread 0020), starting debugger...
Can't attach process 001f: error 5

and the output from cxdiag is:

[MissingLibGsm]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgsm.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use the GSM codec for audio compression and decompression."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibJpeg]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libjpeg.so.62 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that use JPEG images in their user interface. The lack of this library may result in black icons."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="NVIDIA Corporation"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="3.3.0 NVIDIA 295.49"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2"

I do have the ia32-libs package installed, as per the official Codeweavers guide. I'm not sure if there is something I was supposed to install and overlooked?

Thanks,

Hibba.

...possibly this thing....

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/ubuntu1204

...and you should also perhaps fix the jpeg library situation..

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

...possibly this thing....

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/ubuntu1204

...and you should also perhaps fix the jpeg library situation..

Thanks, that mighta done the trick. I was able to get both games to launch and act as they have in the past.

On a side note, I agree that I probably should try to fix the jpeg library thing, too. I tried following the guide here: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibJpeg and have both ia32-libs and libjpeg62 installed. Not sure why it's still giving me the error.

Thanks for all your help,

Hibba

can you confirm that this is the method you used to install libjpeg62 32-bit

$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg62:i386

and cxdiag still tells you you don't have it?

Jack Phinney wrote:

can you confirm that this is the method you used to install
libjpeg62 32-bit

$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg62:i386

and cxdiag still tells you you don't have it?

Thanks, that solved the jpeg error. I guess I didn't know how to install 32-bit libraries in Mint yet. Thanks for showing me that.

Hibba

Typically in Mint, you would find that missing file,- in synaptic & apply the install.
you may also run into dependancy issues, though.

I've had to do this, on occassion.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlZDQUhXY2VGSGtmR0xSVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9