CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

11.3.1 Flck the vote

Hello,

I downloaded the flock the vote version (am planning on buying the product) however, are upgrades\patches going to be available for this version?

Also, I have an Intellivision emulator for windows that works fine under crossover\wine except that the joysticks do not register. It works fine under windows as it is a hid compliant device that allows 2 joysticks. It should be noted that under Linux it is recogized but as a mouse and not a joystick. Any ideas? Thank you very much for the great product and keep up the good work.

I can answer your first question. Essentially, you have a one year licence, so anything that comes out during that year is yours to use. So if Crossover 12 comes out before the end of your licence, you'll have that too. You can just renew your licence, at a lower cost, at the end of the licence you received during the give away. If you buy now, you will basically have a two year licence.

You do not have to renew your licence to use what you already have, only if you want the new versions.

As for your joystick thing, I never used one with wine/crossover, so I have no idea.

Jeffrey Bouchard wrote:

Hello,

I downloaded the flock the vote version (am planning on buying the
product) however, are upgrades\patches going to be available for
this version?

The flock the vote build you downloaded during the giveaway is free and will keep working for as long as you want to use it.

If you gave us your name & email on the giveaway day, you should have already received an email with instructions on how to register for your own personal free support entitlement, good for upgrades for the next year. Click on the link in that email and keep your password to www.codeweavers.com.

When the next version of CrossOver is released, you will then be able to upgrade to that ... and you can keep on getting upgrades, for free, until the end of October, 2013.

As to joystick support, I don't know about that ... someone else may be able to answer better.

Cheers,

Josh.

THank you very much for the replies.

Joysticks work.

Here is a quick decent result from a google search on how to setup joysticks in linux a good way (sorta debian specific, but you should get the idea).
http://clearviewrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6911&sid=62c882cc7446cc87da501a96ca44cc91

The reason I like it, is under linux, sometimes you want to add a startup script to automate things. This is one of them -- joystick calibration.

If you run into issues with doing jscal, google "jscal $distroname" and/or $distroname joystick and you should be golden. As I don't use my joysticks much, I cant say much beyond this. If you are on Red Hat, Fedora, or Ubuntu, gimme a hollar, I can plug them in to whichever and give em a spin and see. Plus there may be decent gui configurators out by now. Its been a long while since I toyed with em -- back when I was hardcore into emulation. Now I have a set top I made that does this, and needs little maintenance beyond dustings :P

Thanks for the reply on joysticks, however, this works for usb joysticks (and most other joysticks) but not for my usb controller adaptor as it does not even show up using wine. It works in windows and shows up as a joystick but in linux it is seen often as a mouse. any suggestions on how to fix this behavior? Thank you again for the help.

Jeffrey Bouchard

Jeffrey Bouchard wrote:

Thanks for the reply on joysticks, however, this works for usb
joysticks (and most other joysticks) but not for my usb controller
adaptor as it does not even show up using wine. It works in windows
and shows up as a joystick but in linux it is seen often as a mouse.
any suggestions on how to fix this behavior? Thank you again for the
help.

Jeffrey Bouchard

Hello, I can try explain this for you. This problem is wine relies on the linux OS to provide joystick device nodes, like /dev/js0 [js1 js2] - this can only happen if the linux kernel input drivers recognize the device as being what it is like wheel, fly-stick/yoke, joystick, xpad and so on. Currently the linux kernel must not know to 'claim' that device you have with the joystick.ko kernel driver, and instead it presents it as a mouse (or /dev/hidraw0). Did it come with a Windows driver? If it did, that could be problem - linux would need an equivalent driver if Windows use one. Many times you will see the same electronic chip being used in many different devices and this makes confusion. I think you would really need to post to the linux (usb?) developers list about getting the device supported.

D.Slong

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQTh4cHBwdTlOY3hHNkZaciIsImdkcHIiOjB9