CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Thanks for Flock I am here now and need help....

Yes thanks to flock I am here and need help i am running the latest Crossover version and after installing rfactor I get an error turn off a debugger.Now I have Stockcar sim series and with that I get a black screen do I really need to install a Wine version from the site cause every thing I have tried does not work.I either get a black screen or a debugger I have installed SSS stand alone and also installed rfactor i am at my wits end.

I just tried to install it, and it runs fine so... (on ArchLinux 64bit + nvidia 570 sli)

1) What are you running? What distro and specify 32 or 64 bit. Crossover, right now, is strictly for 32bit software, if you run 64bit, you'll need various 32bit libraries.

2) What's your video card?

3) How did you install it? I searched for it in the installation gui, and it was in the community supported. The process installed many support software. If you installed it by selecting "unsupported software", you would be missing the entirety of the support software, hence the problems running it.

In short, I didn't need to fool around much to get it to run and you shouldn't have to either.

I am running MadBoxLinux based on Ubuntu 12.04 also its 32bit and I installed it standalone SSS mod as other application.Also installed it from the site the config from there the mod runs well in POL but black screen in Crossover.Here are my full specs.

CPU:2xIntell Xeon 5130 2.0GHz
6GB on board ram
AMD:HDRadeon5770

I wonder if the virtual desktop might not be the problem.

When installing under Crossver, the install configures the bottle to run in a virtual desktop. Perhaps your machine doesn't like that. So if you go to the control panel tab and use the Wine config tool, and uncheck the virtual desktop, that would make the app full screen.

Maybe that would solve it?

Otherwise, I'm still scratching my head.

J-P Simard wrote:

I wonder if the virtual desktop might not be the problem.

When installing under Crossver, the install configures the bottle to
run in a virtual desktop. Perhaps your machine doesn't like that.
So if you go to the
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/controlpanel]control
panel tab[/link] and use the Wine config tool, and uncheck the
virtual desktop, that would make the app full screen.

Maybe that would solve it?

Otherwise, I'm still scratching my head.

what debugger is running its telling me to close debugger?

I wouldn't know. I can't reproduce your problem on my system, and there shouldn't be a debugger active unless you launched it. You know, maybe you should open a support ticket. Maybe Crossover staff could get this going for you, or at least tell you why the game thinks there's a debugger running.

J-P Simard wrote:

I wouldn't know. I can't reproduce your problem on my system, and
there shouldn't be a debugger active unless you launched it. You
know, maybe you should open a support ticket. Maybe Crossover staff
could get this going for you, or at least tell you why the game
thinks there's a debugger running.

well had a ticket in for liek 3/4 days and never got a reply is it casue i got Crossover from flock or no?

I don't think it's a flock thing as it stands. You're supposed to get support as far as I know.

I do think they have a whole bunch of new customers not exactly used to the product which might be asking questions, slowing down the process. The Mac side of things might be even worse, as many Mac users REALLY want their support, and a substantial fraction of them aren't... "expert users". So right now, you might have a longer wait then usual to get your ticket answered.

I, and many others, try to help, but being users ourselves we have limited means. That being said, I wonder if posting your question on the rfactor forum wouldn't have given you better results.

Lastly, I would mention that, speaking for myself, your writing is rather hard to read. I have had to "decode" some of your text to understand what you meant. English is a second language to me, so I do make mistakes but I do make an extra effort to write in the clearest fashion I can muster. I also read my text over a few times and try to correct blatant mistakes.

I do admit that to criticize someone I don't even know is in bad taste, but the level of difficulty I had reading you was substantial. So, please understand that I didn't write this comment in bad faith, but out of a conviction of necessity. If you take a little more care in order to have clearer writing, you stand greater chances others will be willing to help.

Jean-Patrick, thanks for helping out. Ron, I'm sorry regarding the problems running this application. We do have a very heavy support burden at the moment as a result of the Flock giveaway, and that probably accounts for why your support ticket hasn't been answered yet. The bottom line is that you're trying to run an unsupported application. So, it may run, or it may not. And since we don't have your specific application in house for testing, it's going to be very difficult for us to reproduce any errors you may be seeing as a result of the specific application running on your specific distro on your specific hardware. Again, sorry for the frustrations.

-jon parshall-
COO
www.codeweavers.com

Hi Jon,

There is a demo available on the rfactor site, if you guys want to test with that. Most features are actually running event in the "locked" mode.

Like I said, I installed it easy because it was in the "community supported" section (I'm translating from my "french" Crossover, but I'm sure you get my drift). It also ran without a hitch, so who knows what the problem is for Ron.

J-P Simard wrote:

Hi Jon,

There is a demo available on the
rfactor site, if
you guys want to test with that. Most features are actually running
event in the "locked" mode.

Like I said, I installed it easy because it was in the "community
supported" section (I'm translating from my "french" Crossover, but
I'm sure you get my drift). It also ran without a hitch, so who
knows what the problem is for Ron.

Also you can SSS here http://www.stockcarsimseries.com/download.php?mirror.42 just find its weird that Rfactor does not work in Crossover but works with play on Linux.Also here is the page saying it is rated GOLD http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5577

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0U4UE5XenhkTDlTWkFSOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9