CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Licensing Requirements

Did a cursory search on "licensing" but could find an answer specific to my question so here goes (sorry if it's already been asked):

I have a license for Cross Over for Linux and have installed it on my PC at home. I have installed Linux (same version as I'm running at home) on a PC at my place of employment provided by my employer. Can I (legally) install the copy of Cross Over I have onto that "work"station? Or do I have to purchase another "license/key/registration"? Or, worse yet, not install anything w/o the consent of my employer, and he obtains the license for me (since it's technically his PC).

Thx in advance...

Paul

As I know the license is per person, if the PC is for your exclusive use you can install on both.

"The main thing we want you to know:
This is a license for one user. The license is not necessarily for a
specific user, or a specific computer, but it is for one person at a
time. If you need to support more than one person, please contact us
for volume pricing and site licensing. We do offer educational
discounts."

Carlos Rafael Ramirez wrote:

As I know the license is per person, if the PC is for your exclusive
use you can install on both.

"The main thing we want you to know:
This is a license for one user. The license is not necessarily
for a
specific user, or a specific computer, but it is for one person at a

time. If you need to support more than one person, please contact us

for volume pricing and site licensing. We do offer educational
discounts."

MooCheese (the "dairy" version of "Muchas" - LOL). Read that in the "agreement" and just wanted to get confirmation of my understanding from someone else, and thus, my post 😊 My "reddin' compreshun" is sometimes suspect 😊

Second question: does the same apply for the MS licensing of Office 2010? Obviously, if I install Cross Over on my PC at work, I also want to install MS 2010 (as I have on my PC at home). Again, just want to ensure my understanding coincides with others/everyone else's...trying to play by the rules.

TIA!

As far as M$O 2010 is concerned - M$ policy is ONE COPY per PC,
so, since you are using TWO PCs - then you need TWO licences . .

as far as CX is concerned, in order to help support CodeWeavers, - you should get a 2nd support ticket.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidnlIYWI0ZzZRczZkYjNrUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9