CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need to register crossover on a computer that has no internet access

New to this forum and very pleased with this product. Worth every penny of the purchase. I have a question about registering a computer. I have a machine that is located in a secure area at work and it cannot be connected to the Internet due to security restrictions. Can anyone provide some details on how I can register this computer? Any options for downloading a file, copying one from another machine, etc.? Thanks in advance for the help.

I think there is a way, but I believe opening a support ticket will be a better to get what you need. I'm not convinced Codeweaver staff will answer that question on the forum.

For as far as I know, yeah, there is a file to copy, but I can't remember which, sorry.

And yeah, Crossover got me off windows a while ago too. It was, and still, is a pretty amusing experience.

And my memory came back to me

I installed Crossover in "single user" mode so everythin is in my home folder, but...

I found files in ~/cxoffice/etc named license.sig and lameducklicense.sig. I would think those are the files you need for your other install, not that I'm sure...

Thanks! Those look just like what I was looking for. I also submitted a ticket to support but I'll try this out as soon as I get a chance.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSndKVE41eXROcXI3QnFWSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9