CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Flickering / Flashing screen when starting any Crossover program i.e. Office 2003 or even just the Crossover Install GUI

Any time I fire up any sort of Crossover program I get a lot of flashing / flickering screen artifacts. I am using OpenSuse 12.1 and I am experiencing the issue on two different computers with two totally different graphics cards. One has an ATI Radeon HD 3450 and the other an NVIDIA Quadro FX550 a Has anyone ever seen this issue before? And if so, any known fix? I just bought the crossover software about a week ago. Thanks in advance for any help. Also wondering if I should open a ticket on this item.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

A support ticket may well be the way to go.

I am having same problem.
Let say, if I open MS Word, it flickers one time, then shows MS Word initialization dialog, and opens the word window.
If I save, it flickers also. When it autosaves, it flickers, too. When I close the document, it flickers, too.

I have used msoffice 2003, and 2007 here, Ubuntu 12.04, with intel-crappy-gpu hardware, and no such issues.
Try Ubuntu?

Woody Lee wrote:

I am having same problem.
Let say, if I open MS Word, it flickers one time, then shows MS Word
initialization dialog, and opens the word window.
If I save, it flickers also. When it autosaves, it flickers, too.
When I close the document, it flickers, too.

Unfortunately this is not enough to go on to troubleshoot the problem. Your best bet is to open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com. In that please include which distro you are running, your GPU. The driver being used with your GPU, the version of CrossOver you are using, the version of Word you are using and the output from terminal of:
/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug
or
~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUWVxVUhZQ1V6V01BdHhIYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9