CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do I quickly add old Crossover entries to new Linux system menus?

I was previously using Crossover in Ubuntu 10.10. I have now installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 and the latest Crossover 11.3.1. I am using the old settings for the bottles stored in ~/.cxoffice and if I choose Manage Bottles from the Crossover menu, it lists them all as they were before, plus new ones I have created since. But only newly-installed software appears in the menus in Ubuntu (XFCE), under "Other". How can I quickly add all the old menu entries for the bottles and their software to my menus? I know I can add things one at a time, but is it possible to just add them all to the menus?

I am not sure if I understood correctly what you need but you can try this:
Go to "Manage Botles" app, then select your bottle, go to Control Panel Tab, double click on "Eit Menus" and select those that you want and click "recreate"

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2g1M0taWWVnV1A5RnhYTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9