CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Way to Start Crossover?

I successfully installed the 32-bit Ubuntu version of Crossover to Ubuntu 12.10. At least, I believe I installed Crossover, because the Ubuntu Software Center looked like it was installing Crossover, and I have piles of Crossover files and folders in Ubuntu.

Nevertheless, it seems impossible to actually start Crossover. Searching for "Crossover" in Dash yields nothing, as expected, but searching for "install" yields nothing either. Among the Crossover files and folders on Ubuntu, I haven't come across anything that actually starts Crossover.

I have no idea what to do next.

Through sheer luck I found my solution.

I decided to take a chance and install some Windows software directly from the Codeweavers website via CrossTie. The Crossover window that came up notified me that I was missing libjpeg2 - which apparently was not included in Crossover's installer. Once I installed libjpeg2 from the Software Center I was able to search in Dash for "install" and now the Crossover icon showed up.

Try installing CrossOver from the command-line terminal:
sudo dpkg -i pathtocrossover.deb

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1F2VHVkZFhHcXZOWEhaVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9