CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Still some font rendering issues

I was glad to see that Crossover 12 had dropped, mainly because the subpar subpixel font rendering was grating. Now, things have improved, but there're still issues.

My system is an Ubuntu 12.04 install, fully patched, and with the registry settings properly edited for subpixel rendering, and Office 2010 set to "always use ClearType."

Here's a shot of fonts and their rendering in Word 2010 (click to view):

Here's the same text in LibreOffice Writer (click to view):

You can see that LibreOffice Writer gets it right in each case. Word's rendering in Crossover, though, gets the FreeSerif rendering right, but all the other fonts are dark, and frankly look like blurry versions of Windows' overly hinted grayscale rendering.

Any help on this?

-Rich Miller

{Edit: Can't make the images look any better so far as I can see, but clicking them brings them to fuller size.}

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQzU1aHdTc3V5SlRNQlRVdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9