CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

uninstall

Hi All,

I have version 9 and it doesnt support office 2010 ☹️ therefore as I can use wine id like to uninstall crossover as wine is free and to upgrade crossover will cost me £38......

Can anyone advise how I uninstall from Ubuntu 12.04?

thanks

It depends how you installed it:

First follow the instructions here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/uninstall

If you installed by the binary installer, you will be done.
If you installed by a distribution-specific package, you need to uninstall the package. Do this from either your package manager, or running the appropriate command line tool for your distribution.

(For instance in Ubuntu and other apt-get based distributions it would be "apt-get uninstall crossover")

where possible - use synaptic to un-install linux software.

• if you want to totally remove the software - use the option to 'completely remove',
  • if you want to preserve any settings / bottles - just use the 'remove' option only.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUhVV3JtcnNOdnFnemdrUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9