CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover has corrupted packages and update manager on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

I attempted to install crossover_11.3.1-1_i386.deb on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit a few days ago and it's stuck on below error...im unable to correct errors....can anyone help me please

I attempted to remove and/or correct from within Synaptic,USC no progress. Synaptic keeps asking me to resolve dependencies/fix broken packages before it will install or remove anything further. Went through all options i knew or could find online but nothing helps.

rd@RDBytes:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... failed.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
crossover:i386 : Depends: perl5-base:i386
Depends: perl-modules:i386 but it is not installable
Depends: python:i386 (>= 2.4) but it is not installed
Depends: python-gtk2:i386 but it is not installed
Depends: python-glade2:i386 but it is not installed
Depends: desktop-file-utils:i386 but it is not installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies

My systems config
Processor 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory 3941MB (2837MB used)
Kernel Linux 3.2.0-34-generic (x86_64)
Compiled #53-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 10:48:16 UTC 2012
C Library Unknown
Default C Compiler GNU C Compiler version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
Distribution Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
Desktop Environment GNOME (gnome-fallback)

I haven't used Ubuntu in a while, but here goes...

First you can make sure apt-get is in sync with your repos and then try to have it correct the problems:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get -f install

If that doesn't work, try to remove the crossover package so you can start over:

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge crossover_11.3.1-1_i386

sudo apt-get update

You can also try

sudo apt-get -f remove crossover_11.3.1-1_i386

sudo apt-get update

The "update" command is because I believe apt-get might not be fully in sync with the repos. That might explain why apt-get is unable to resolve the dependencies. This happens with updated packages where the name has changed for an update in the repos, but apt-get is unaware of the change.

Even under Linux, computers can be the dummest things on earth...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTllMOGdnWExHSmJKUUpYWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9