CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Tomb Raider Game Running in Crossover/Steam

Hi guys I have just installed the Latest Tomb Raider game in Linux
I'm Using the latest Crossover package for Debian/Ubuntu 64bit on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit
I installed the Windows version of Steam through Crossover, I didn't use the Linux version of Steam because I wanted to take advantage of Crossover, I figured the games a windows game so it will probably run better through Crossover/Steam

Basiclly the game starts up and runs, what I have found is I get flicking and graphics distortion on and off through the game.
The game runs well no crashes the cut seens play and the movement and speed are excellent.

so far what I have done to test the graphics issues is I installed the LXDE desktop and tried it on that just to see if it was Unity or Compiz causing the graphics flicker, I still got the same issues though.

I was using the 310 Nvidia proprietary Drivers supplied by Ubuntu so I installed the Experimental Drivers to see if would be any better, but still the same flickering issue

Anyway I just though this information might help others installing this game, I'll keep playing around with it and see what I come up with.

My specs are
Ubuntu 13.04 64bit
Quad Core i5
8GB Ram
640GT Nvidia Graphics Card

Oh if you have the DVD, Open Crossover, Click on the Steam Bottle, then click Run Command, Navigate to the steam.exe and add -install D: (or what ever your Drive Letter is for your DVD) This is an example below.

"/home/your-name/.cxoffice/Steam/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Steam/steam.exe" -install D:

this installs the game from the DVD, great if you have a slow connection like me ;)

Hope this helps
Ru.

Ru wrote:

Basiclly the game starts up and runs, what I have found is I get
flicking and graphics distortion on and off through the game.

WineHQ bugzilla suggests the "StrictDrawOrdering" registry key may help with this, although that will also introduce a performance penalty.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0o0SmtmQ1JkQ04zNFVmYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9